Lone Star Wildlife Rescue is a group of state and federally permitted rehabilitators who are dedicated to the care of injured and orphaned native Texas wildlife for the purpose of release back into the wild. We have several wildlife rehabilitation facilities and are able to serve the counties of Austin, Brazos, Colorado, Fayette, Waller, and Washington.
Many of our patients are injured either directly or indirectly by humans; few suffer injuries from natural causes. Because rehabilitation alone cannot solve the problems facing our wildlife today, LSWR strives to raise public awareness through a variety of educational programs offered to school groups, civic organizations, and clubs.
We do not receive funding from state or federal agencies, so we rely on our supporters to defray the cost of animal rehabilitation. As a nonprofit organization, all donations to LSWR are tax deductible. Fiscal data and other information are available on Justgive.org. Thank you for your interest in LSWR!
- Website Credits:
- Banner photos by Greg Lasley (www.greglasley.net).
- Fawn photo (splash page) by Mary R. Vogt (www.morguefile.com).
- Other photos and clip art (splash and home page) from Microsoft Office Clip art.
- Gallery photos by Jeff Mannion (where noted) and Rebecca McKeever.
- Â© 2007-2008 Lone Star Wildlife Rescue and its licensors. All rights reserved.
- Validated HTML 4.01 Strict.